The beginning of the school year is nearly upon us, and we want to be sure you have access to these documents when you need them, even before school offices open.
- Our 2018-19 CSD Calendar now reflects secondary late start dates. On late start dates, middle and high schools will start 2 hours later than usual. Please Note: Next year, we will no longer be sending reminder emails, phone calls, and texts on late start dates to families for two reasons. 1) Frequency: They are now one day at each occurrence, but they occur twice a month and 2) Pattern: They occur every 2nd and 4th Thursday when school is in session with the exception of November, which, we hope, will be easy to remember.
- View our Summer Schedule to learn about opening dates, back-to-school events, and more.
- If your student has a district-issued Chromebook, click here to learn about Summer Care.
- 2018-19 bus pick-up and drop-off schedules will be available online by Monday, August 6.
- Remember, beginning next year, school start times for elementary and secondary schools have changed.
Dear Woodburn Families,
Here are a few reminders of events happening this week and beyond:
Spring Showcase Tomorrow Evening!
- Wednesday, May 30, 2018 5:00-6:30 PM @ Woodburn Elementary
- Book Fair will be open 5:00-6:30 PM
- Thursday, May 31, 2018 (K-2nd Grade Families)
Book Fair: 8:00-9:00amBreakfast: 8:30-9:00am
Grandparents (or other grand guests) are invited to join their wolf pup(s) for a morning of “Books and Breakfast” at the Woodburn Elementary Book Fair.
5th Grade Track Meet!
- June 1, 2018 9:15 AM-1:50 PM
Spring Scholastic Book Fair!
- May 29 to June 1, 2018
Tuesday, May 29-Friday, June 1
8:00 AM-9:00 AM, 11:30 AM-1:00 PM
Wednesday, May 30
8:00 AM-9:00 AM, 11:30 AM-2:00 PM
5:00 PM-6:30 PM (at Woodburn’s Spring Showcase)
Woodburn Field Day
- Thursday, June 14, 2018
On Thursday, June 14, come rain or shine, Woodburn Wolves will be doing everything from Homerun Derby to Water Balloon Sling Shots to Horse Shoes! If you are cleared to be a volunteer through the Camas School District, you may sign up for the morning, afternoon or both sessions.
5th Grade Promotion!
- Friday, June 15, 2018 10:00 AM
Julie Ward begins each day with the goal of helping Title 1 students overcome the challenges they face. She arrives early at Woodburn Elementary School in Camas four days a week to greet students who elect to give up morning recess to work with her on math skills. This is just one of the many reasons Ward is honored with the Regional Classified Employee of the Year award. One of nine Regional Classified Employees of the Year, Ward is now in the running for Washington State Classified Employee of the Year. That honor will be awarded at a special reception at OSPI in Olympia in May.
Read more about Julie and her award here: https://www.esd112.org/news/julie-ward-title-1-math-paraeducator-at-woodburn-elementary-named-classified-employee-of-the-year/
2018-19 Parent Input Form
During the months of May and June, our teacher teams collaborate to build class rosters for the 2018-2019 school year. If you would like to provide input on your child’s placement, a form is available in the main office. Our form is focused on your child’s strengths and learning style. Requests for specific teachers are not accepted. Parent input forms are due May 11th.
Download form here: