This month the Woodburn parent survey is open to gather your feedback about the learning, safety, and service provided by our school. The survey will help our school staff understand what our school community is saying about the learning environment at Woodburn. The information captured by the survey will be used to begin dialogue about how to make the school a better place to learn. The survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes. You can use the QR code or web address below to take the survey. Your voice is important as our school community continues to grow.
Make every day count!
Brian Graham, Principal
It is time for Kindergarten registration for the 2016-17 school year! Listed below are the dates for registration and orientation events for each school. The purpose of orientation is to meet teachers and staff, learn about the kindergarten curriculum, and take a ride on a real school bus! If you are not sure which school your child will attend, or would like to make a registration appointment, please call 360-833-5410 to speak with Shanna Michelle and Becky Stauffer, district registrars. They will also be onsite at the orientations for your convenience. You may access registration paperwork online at www.camas.wednet.edu/registration.
Please note: in addition to the registration forms, you will need to submit the following paperwork:
- State-issued birth certificate
- Immunization information. Students must be fully immunized including “kindergarten shots” or an exemption needs to be on file in order for your child to be registered.
- Proof of residency (2 items), i.e., utility bill, payroll check, signed lease agreement, etc.
Please let us know if you plan to attend the kindergarten orientation. And if you know of any future Camas kindergarten students in your neighborhood, preschool, etc., please share this information with them.
2400 NE Woodburn Drive
Date: May 25
Join us for the 2nd Annual Student Film Festival! On March 24, 2016, parents, staff, and citizens are invited to view the film entries at Liberty Theatre in downtown Camas. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m., and the films will begin at 6:00 p.m. The program is expected to run for approximately one hour. The event is free, and concessions will be available for purchase inside the lobby.
The Woodburn Giving Tree
Dear Woodburn Community-
Starting Friday November 20th, Woodburn Elementary will be display our annual Giving Tree. Please take a moment to stop by the main office lobby and check out the snowflake gift tags on the Giving Tree. The snowflakes are gift requests for Woodburn students, or siblings, who would benefit from a special gift during the holiday season. All gifts are due
Monday December 7th. If you choose to take a tag (or two), please follow the directions below:
- After choosing a tag, go to the Giving Tree binder, located next to the tree. Complete the snowflake check in/out form.
- Limit the amount of money you spend on the gift(s) to $25.00. Do not feel compelled to buy everything on the wish list.
- Please do not wrap the gift. Our staff will wrap the gifts.
- Please tape the snowflake tag to the gift(s).
- Drop off the gifts at our front office with Martha or Anna.
- After dropping off the gift, go to the Giving Tree binder, located next to the tree. Complete the snowflake check in/out form.
- Money donations are welcome. Please give donations to our secretary in an envelope labeled Woodburn Giving Tree. Please make out checks to Woodburn Elementary. Money will only be used to purchase gifts and specific needs for the Giving Tree.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact
Brian Graham, email@example.com
Melissa Dolan, Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone (360) 833-5860