The Woodburn Giving Tree
Dear Woodburn Community-
Starting Friday November 20th, Woodburn Elementary will be display our annual Giving Tree. Please take a moment to stop by the main office lobby and check out the snowflake gift tags on the Giving Tree. The snowflakes are gift requests for Woodburn students, or siblings, who would benefit from a special gift during the holiday season. All gifts are due
Monday December 7th. If you choose to take a tag (or two), please follow the directions below:
- After choosing a tag, go to the Giving Tree binder, located next to the tree. Complete the snowflake check in/out form.
- Limit the amount of money you spend on the gift(s) to $25.00. Do not feel compelled to buy everything on the wish list.
- Please do not wrap the gift. Our staff will wrap the gifts.
- Please tape the snowflake tag to the gift(s).
- Drop off the gifts at our front office with Martha or Anna.
- After dropping off the gift, go to the Giving Tree binder, located next to the tree. Complete the snowflake check in/out form.
- Money donations are welcome. Please give donations to our secretary in an envelope labeled Woodburn Giving Tree. Please make out checks to Woodburn Elementary. Money will only be used to purchase gifts and specific needs for the Giving Tree.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact
Brian Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Dolan, Melissa.email@example.com
Phone (360) 833-5860
The referral window for the Camas School District’s Highly Capable Program (HCP) is now open for students in grades 2-6. Parents have an opportunity to refer their children for consideration for the HCP for fall placement. Interested families should review this information to 1) understand the definition and characteristics of students who are highly capable; and 2) learn about the nomination process and actions parents need to take by December 15, 2015, to refer students for this process.
In early 2015, a Facilities Advisory of Citizens, Teachers, Staff and Students (FACTSS) met to research and study current and future facilities needs in the Camas School District. Based on their findings and community input, the FACTSS team has recommended a Capital Facilities Bond be placed before voters in February 2016.
Come hear about the proposed bond and give us feedback at one of three listening posts!
Our students experienced the democratic process of voting. The process began with classroom nominations – then each grade level held a primary with their nominations. Last Friday the entire student population voted electronically as they watched results on the large screen.
Our thanks to the parent volunteers who helped with the voting; PAWS for funding the creation of our mascot and Mrs. Obermiller and her mother for making our mascot, Shadow.
On Friday, Sept. 11, 2015 the cafeteria turns in into the Woodburn Movie Theatre with a showing of “The Incredibles”!
Freshly popped popcorn and other refreshments are available for purchase.
In honor of 9/11, a table will be set up for students to write a letter of thanks to our own “incredibles,” local first responders.
- Admission Cost: A suggested donation of $1.00 per person is appreciated!
- Doors open at 6:30 pm, movie starts at 7:00 pm
- Popcorn and other treats available to purchase
- Be comfy! Dress in your PJs!
- Bring a sleeping bag or blanket