Before we all leave for Christmas break, we wanted to give an update on our student athletes and their success in seasons one and two. Not only are they good athletes, they are also very good students. Here are some of the highlights:
- 213 student athletes participated.
- Their combined GPA is 3.59.
- Skyridge football finished 4th in league this year.
- The Skyridge Girls Cross Country team went undefeated and won the league championship. They also won the District Championship and set a bunch of personal records.
- Skyridge wrestling competed well this year and ended up with one District champion. Their team was predominately 6th grade wrestlers and they should be very good next year.
- The 7th grade Skyhawk volleyball team was 10-0 and won the league championship. The 7th B team was 9-1.
- The Skyhawk 8th grade volleyball team is undefeated and won the league championship. The 8th B team was also 10-0. They are favored to win the District Tournament this Friday.
- The Skyridge 8th grade volleyball team is also in the lead for the Skyhawk Athletic Academic Team Award with a GPA of 3.86.
Skyridge and Liberty Middle Schools
With a perfect league record of 7-0 our team worked hard and pushed themselves throughout the entire season.
“What an amazing group of girls we had as they worked so hard throughout the season!” commented Coach Houston. Go Hawks!
Free physicals to our prospective student athletes are being offered on Thursday, July 26, from 6 to 9 PM at Providence Medical Group-Camas located at 3101 SE 192nd Avenue, Vancouver, WA. To schedule your appointment, please call (360) 816-2748. Bring your school’s required sports physical examination/clearance form to your appointment.
As a bonus, you can meet Brent Richards of the Portland Timbers, a Camas native. Brent will be visiting the clinic from 6:30 to 8 PM to sign autographs and pose for photos with fans.
Our first season is complete and both schools did a great job on the field as well as in the class room. The Skyridge 8th grade football team went undefeated in league and also took top honors at the league football extravaganza. In Girls Cross Country Skyridge and Liberty finished 2nd and 3rd in the District meet. Liberty had the District champion in the 6th grade race and Skyridge the champion in the 7th grade race.
We had 55 girls compete in Cross Country at Skyridge and they maintained a GPA of 3.51. 34 girls competed at Liberty with a GPA of 3.48. In football 27 Liberty boys competed with a GPA of 3.02. At Skyridge 26 players had a GPA of 3.0.
Overall, 142 student athletes competed at Skyridge and Liberty during the first season. They had a combined GPA of 3.36.
Second season is underway and it looks like we will have large numbers again in volleyball and wrestling.
–Marley Lafore went undefeated in league and won the Cross Country 7th grade District title for Skyridge
- Emma Jenkins won the Cross Country District Championship for Liberty in the 6th grade division
- Maddie Woodson set a Liberty school record of 8:58:18 and was the league’s best runner in the 8th grade division.
- Skyridge Cross Country had a team GPA of 3.51 and is leading in the race for the Athletic Academic Award.