Join the fun, experience Pacific Northwest natural landscapes, and get some exercise all in the name of supporting Camas kids!
Registration and details are available at the CEF website.
Our Skyridge athletes have had an outstanding year under the direction of our Athletic Coordinator, Bob Foster, and all of our dedicated coaches! Our program continues to grow each year. Here are some highlights from this year:
- 428 student athletes participated in sports this year
- The GPA average for all athletes is 3.49
- The Skyridge track team competes with 25% of our student body or 188 athletes
- The track team has a team GPA of 3.49
- The 8th grade Boys Basketball team led all teams with a GPA of 3.7
- 8th Football finished 4th
- 7th Girls Cross Country were League Champions
- 8th Girls Volleyball were League Champions and won the District Tournament
- 8th Girls Basketball were League Champions and also won the District Tournament
- 8th Boys Basketball finished 3rd in league and 4rd in the District Tournament
- Track is currently undefeated and looks to have a great District Meet on June 2
Congratulations to Mr. Mattson’s Pre-AP class and a huge thank you to the Camas Education Foundation! Today we were informed that the grant Mr. Mattson’s class researched, wrote and presented, IPods Touches: Touching Children’s Learning Experiences, has been chosen and awarded $7,500. With this money, during the 2011-12 school year our teaching team will pilot the use of a Learning Lab that consists of twenty 8GB iPod Touches to identify best teaching practices with these devices. This lab will be a lasting legacy from the Class of 2015 to the future student body of Skyridge
Our 8th grade students are looking forward to their future as CHS Papermakers! Our Skyridge and Liberty PTO’s have partnered in offering a special t-shirt and/or hoodie spirit wear opportunity for our Class of 2015. Details are shown on the order form (below). Orders are due May 19 so that delivery can occur prior to the 8th grade assembly and optional dance happening at CHS on June 2.
Skyridge Middle School’s Reese Pathak is one of four local teen composers featured at the Hearing the Future concert!
The Camas School District offers a Pre-Advanced Placement (Pre-AP) program for Language Arts and Social Studies (LA/SS) and Advanced Math at the middle-school level. Both programs reflect high academic expectations and are available for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. Click the link below to read more and complete the interest form.
What will be covered? Our parent education night will focus on:
- Current drug and alcohol trends and issues affecting Camas kids
- Results from the Fall 2010 Healthy Youth Survey
- District drug & alcohol curriculum and tobacco prevention program
- Resources available to Camas parents
… and featuring the following presenters:
- Glenn Hartman and Linda Hutchins, CSD Drug and Alcohol Intervention Specialists
- Sherrie Geiger, Skyridge MS Health Teacher
- Rachel Williams, CHS Health Teacher
- Detective from the Clark County Drug Task Force
- Students involved in the CHS Prevention Club
- Drug and Alcohol Treatment Professionals
Who should attend? Any CSD Parent or member of community member who is interested in protecting the health of Camas youth should attend.
When is it? Wednesday, April 20, from 6:30 – 8:00 PM
Where will it take place? CHS Library
We hope you are able to attend this year’s Parent Education Night. This will be an informative evening that both students and parents will find relevant and useful.
Satya Hariharan, a seventh-grade student at Skyridge Middle School, won third place at the Washington State level of the 2011 National Geographic Bee Competition which was held on Friday, April 1, at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma. Following Satya’s school-level win in January, he took a written test and qualified to participate at the state level which included 100 fourth- to eighth-grade students from across Washington. Through rounds of elimination the number decreased to ten and then narrowed to a final three. The final contenders completed four difficult rounds of competition. Satya received a $50 reward and “The Complete National Geographic” on DVD in recognition of his outstanding performance.
We had 185 athletes turn out for track on Monday! We are so pleased to have a newly refurbished track this year. This marks the first year we’ll have our home track meets here instead of at Doc Harris.
We know you won’t want to miss a meet, so here is the schedule:
- Thursday, April 28
- Thursday, May 12
- Tuesday, May 24
- Thursday, May 26
Join us and support our kids!