Congratulations to Korrie MacIntyre and Henry Golb, both 7th grade Skyridge students!
Korrie has qualified to represent Skyridge and participate at the state level of the National Geographic Bee on Friday, April 5, 2013 in Tacoma.
Henry took the third place medal during a recent SW Regional National History Day Competition at Shahala Middle School and is going forward to compete at the Washington State National History Day Competition on May 4, 2013 in Bellevue.
Please join us for an evening of family-focused learning activities to support early learning and school readiness skills. This program is open to young learners ages 3-6 in the Camas School District. We will focus on early literacy and math skills and provide free materials for you to take home and use to continue the learning at home. Space is limited to the first 40 families.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:00-7:30 p.m. Helen Baller Elementary School 1954 NE Garfield Street Camas, WA 98607
Please register by completing the form and returning it to Helen Baller Elementary. The form can be returned by e-mail to email@example.com, mailed, or dropped off in the school office.
Childcare and refreshments provided!
Thanks to all the voters in Camas who stepped up and voted to uphold our standards for our students, and the community in which we live. While we only needed a simple majority to win the levy elections, it warms the heart to see the overwhelming support.
Election Day is around the corner, and several Camas Schools will be ballot drop box locations on February 12: Helen Baller, Dorothy Fox, Prune Hill, and Camas High School.If you didn’t receive the district’s levy informational brochure, click here to download it.
Before we all leave for Christmas break, we wanted to give an update on our student athletes and their success in seasons one and two. Not only are they good athletes, they are also very good students. Here are some of the highlights:
- 213 student athletes participated.
- Their combined GPA is 3.59.
- Skyridge football finished 4th in league this year.
- The Skyridge Girls Cross Country team went undefeated and won the league championship. They also won the District Championship and set a bunch of personal records.
- Skyridge wrestling competed well this year and ended up with one District champion. Their team was predominately 6th grade wrestlers and they should be very good next year.
- The 7th grade Skyhawk volleyball team was 10-0 and won the league championship. The 7th B team was 9-1.
- The Skyhawk 8th grade volleyball team is undefeated and won the league championship. The 8th B team was also 10-0. They are favored to win the District Tournament this Friday.
- The Skyridge 8th grade volleyball team is also in the lead for the Skyhawk Athletic Academic Team Award with a GPA of 3.86.
Skyridge and Liberty Middle Schools
The C.A.R.O.L. canned food drive begins Monday, and we wondered if any fellow Hawks knew what C.A.R.O.L. stands for…
Order your Skyridge yearbook beginning December 3!
All orders must be paid for in the main office during the following dates only:
Purchase during the Winter Blitz, December 3-14, to reserve your 2013 copy of the Skyridge yearbook. You will also receive a FREE engraved nameplate to identify your book. Cost $25
Purchase during the Spring Blitz, April 15-26, to reserve your 2013 copy of the Skyridge yearbook. Cost $30 (no nameplate)
All other sales will occur after yearbook distribution on June 13. Copies will be sold on first come first serve basis and quantitites will be limited.