Pictured above is a photo recently received from the 142nd Fighter Wing Portland Air National Guard which shows members holding a banner sent to them from Skyridge with notes of thanks and appreciation shared by our students. Thank you to all of our past and present veterans! We appreciate ALL that you do to protect us and our freedom each day!
The Camas School District offers a Pre-Advanced Placement (Pre-AP) program for Language Arts and Social Studies (LA/SS) and Advanced Math at the middle-school level. Both programs reflect high academic expectations and are available for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students. Click the link below to read more and complete the interest form.
This major grant has been awarded by our Camas Educational Foundation to John Condon of Skyridge and Mistalyn Batten of Liberty and made possible through a 50/50 partnership between CEF and our Camas School District technology department. Each teacher will receive a syncing cart with 35 ipad minis and one Macbook. The lab will enable students to use the equipment for a variety of learning applications as well as take assessments and quizzes and receive immediate feedback. Thank you to our Camas Educational Foundation and supportive community patrons!
We are having a dance on March 13 from 2:45 until 4:00 PM. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Tickets go on sale Monday during lunches and will also be available “at the door.” Prices are:
- Monday, Day 1 – With ASB card $1; without card $2
- Tuesday, Day 2 – With ASB card $2; without card $3
- Wednesday, Day 3 – With ASB card $3; without card $4; at the door with our without card $5
Is your student interested in traveling to Hosoe and Taki, Japan, in early July? A Camas group will depart on July 1 and return on July 10. This is a fantastic cultural experience with students staying with host families. If you would like additional information, please contact Marilyn Boerke at (360) 833-5850 or via email at email@example.com.
Congratulations to Korrie MacIntyre and Henry Golb, both 7th grade Skyridge students!
Korrie has qualified to represent Skyridge and participate at the state level of the National Geographic Bee on Friday, April 5, 2013 in Tacoma.
Henry took the third place medal during a recent SW Regional National History Day Competition at Shahala Middle School and is going forward to compete at the Washington State National History Day Competition on May 4, 2013 in Bellevue.
Please join us for an evening of family-focused learning activities to support early learning and school readiness skills. This program is open to young learners ages 3-6 in the Camas School District. We will focus on early literacy and math skills and provide free materials for you to take home and use to continue the learning at home. Space is limited to the first 40 families.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:00-7:30 p.m. Helen Baller Elementary School 1954 NE Garfield Street Camas, WA 98607
Please register by completing the form and returning it to Helen Baller Elementary. The form can be returned by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed, or dropped off in the school office.
Childcare and refreshments provided!
Before we all leave for Christmas break, we wanted to give an update on our student athletes and their success in seasons one and two. Not only are they good athletes, they are also very good students. Here are some of the highlights:
- 213 student athletes participated.
- Their combined GPA is 3.59.
- Skyridge football finished 4th in league this year.
- The Skyridge Girls Cross Country team went undefeated and won the league championship. They also won the District Championship and set a bunch of personal records.
- Skyridge wrestling competed well this year and ended up with one District champion. Their team was predominately 6th grade wrestlers and they should be very good next year.
- The 7th grade Skyhawk volleyball team was 10-0 and won the league championship. The 7th B team was 9-1.
- The Skyhawk 8th grade volleyball team is undefeated and won the league championship. The 8th B team was also 10-0. They are favored to win the District Tournament this Friday.
- The Skyridge 8th grade volleyball team is also in the lead for the Skyhawk Athletic Academic Team Award with a GPA of 3.86.
Skyridge and Liberty Middle Schools