Frequently asked questions at the beginning of the school year
Who do I talk to if I have questions regarding my child’s schedule?
- Our Skyridge school counselors – Mrs. Loren (students’ last names A-K) and Mrs. Thielbar (students’ last names L-Z)
- Student schedule changes can be made during the first 5 days of each trimester, if room is available and your child qualifies to be in a requested class.
When do I get my locker?
- Sixth grade students will receive their locker assignment at the new student orientation.
- Seventh and 8th grade students will receive their locker assignments from their core class teacher during the first week of school.
- Due to our growing population, not all students will receive locker assignments. If your student would like to share or forego using a locker for the school year, please inform you teacher.
When should I pay for all my child’s supplies and materials?
- Avoid lines at our New Student Orientation! School purchases can now be made in the Skyridge main office starting August 18 from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Closed from 12:30-1 pm for lunch.- ASB $25.00, Fitness Clothing $17.00, Student Planner $6.00, and Yearbook for 2014-15 – $25.00, Middle School Athletic User Fee $30.00 per sport.
- New to middle schools this year, school purchases and fees may be paid for online under the “Parent” tab on the district’s website using your Skyward login and password.
- Add funds to your student’s meal account online. Find the MealTime Online link on the main page of the school’s website.
When is the first day of school for Camas students?
- Camas students begin school on Tuesday, September 2nd.
- Skyridge school day is 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
How do I find my bus schedule?
- On the Camas School District website you will find “Transportation” tab under the “Parent Corner” tab.
- Once you have been redirected to the Transportation website, locate the “Routes” tab and click on “E-Link (Bus Stop Search)”.
- Type in all appropriate information and hit Find.
What do I do with my school supplies?
- New student orientation is for picking up schedules, finding your classrooms, meeting teachers and practicing with hallway lockers. Keep school supplies at home that night.
- Team school supplies may be brought into your core classroom starting the first week of school.
- Personal school supplies will be yours to carry in your backpack or stored in your locker.
When is picture day?
- Tuesday, September 9
Beginning August 25, Girls Cross Country practice will be from 3:00-4:30 PM. There will be no practice on Friday, August 29. Football practices remain the same.
Paying for student fees, yearbook purchases, athletic fees, and more just got a little simpler! The Camas School District is now accepting credit card payments online for all of its secondary schools (Liberty Middle School, Skyridge Middle School, Camas High School, and Hayes Freedom High School).
Parents use their Skyward Family Access credentials to log into the system; they then select a student, add items to their shopping cart, and complete their purchase. Transactions are secure, and no data is stored on district servers.
Online deposits to student meal accounts is still accessed through MealtimeOnline.
A link to the secure payment site is available under Parent Corner on the district website at www.camas.wednet.edu and at each school site. Online payments will be charged a 3.5% convenience fee, which will be added to each transaction at the time of checkout. This fee was approved in May 2014 by the Camas School Board to help cover the transaction fees the district is charged by service providers. No fee is added to traditional payments made by cash, check, or money order.
Our 2014-15 school year is about to begin! You are welcome to come in to the Skyridge office Monday through Friday to make purchases and pay fees. The office hours schedule prior to start of school is:
Now through August 26: 8 AM-3 PM. Closed for lunch 12:30-1 PM.
August 27: 1:30-3 PM. Closed for event preparations from 3-5 PM. Open for 6th grade and new 7th/8th grade student orientation from 5:30-8:00 PM.
August 28-29: 8 AM-3PM. Closed for lunch 12:30-1 PM.
ONLINE Payments: Beginning August 20, school purchases and fees may be paid online under the “Parent” tab on the district’s website using your Skyward login and password. Funds may be added to your student’s meal account online using the “MealTime Online” link on the main page of the school’s website.
Details regarding the new student orientation on August 27 include:
Parents and students should plan to attend the entire event which includes class schedule pick-up, an assembly, classroom visits with teachers, finger scanning for MealTime, and hallway locker practice. Office staff will be available for you to purchase school items and pay fees. Refreshing smoothies will be available for purchase and sales will support the Skyridge PTO. Parking at the school for large events is challenging and car pools are encouraged. School supplies may be brought into your core classroom starting the first week of school. If you are unable to attend the new student orientation or visit Skyridge, student class schedules will be available online via Skyward Wednesday, August 27 at noon.
Details regarding returning 7th and 8th grade students:
Student class schedules will be available online via Skyward Wednesday, August 27 at noon or you may pick up a hard copy of your student’s class schedule at Skyridge during the office hours listed above beginning Thursday, August 28.
Purchases and fees include:
Fitness Clothing $17 (Clothing from prior year may be used if they still fit)
Student Handbook/Planner $6
Activity Fee per sport participation $30 (required if participating in a sport for each season)
ASB $25 (required if participating in a sport or extra-curricular activity)
Yearbook $25 (Optional)
Additional information will be arriving in your mailbox soon from Skyridge as well as bus details from our Transportation Office. Information may also be found on our Skyridge website at http://schools.camas.wednet.edu/skyridge/ or linked from the Camas School District website.
Enjoy your final days of summer. We will see you soon!
Please mark your calendar with the following:
Wednesday, August 27: 6th grade/New Student Orientation 5:30-8 PM (Parents and students should plan to stay for the entire event)
Thursday, August 28: 7/8th grade students may drop-in to pick up schedules and pay fees. 8 AM-3 PM
The Skyridge school office is now closed for summer break and will open on Monday, August 18, 8 AM-3 PM.
Please note that all school offices will be closed from 10 AM to 1 PM for a district-wide, all staff meeting on August 27.
We are proud to announce our
2013-2014 Warren Award Recipients!
Duy Vuong is our Good Will Award recipient! Duy has exemplified the definition of good will and compassion throughout his Skyridge journey. He is quick to help others and a pleasure to have in classes. Duy’s good nature, positive spirit and energy make him a magnetic force and his positive attitude is contagious. His friendliness is genuine and you can’t help but be transformed into a good mood when in his presence. He has a special way of making others around him feel valued and respected.
This year the Jackson Leadership Award winner is Anand (Krishnan) Nair. He consistently shares a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the norm as he leads others by his kind example. Krishnan always offers a helping hand or listening ear to others. He consistently builds his peers up and supports them. His positive leadership, consistent smile, attention to detail, honesty, respect for peers and teachers, and work ethic consistently exemplifies inspirational leadership to others.
Skyridge office hours following release of students for the 2013-14 school year are:
Last Day of School, Tuesday, June 17: 8 AM – 11:30 AM
Wednesday-Friday, June 18-20: 8 AM – 3 PM
The office will reopen on Monday, August 18: 8 AM – 3 PM
Skyridge classes will release at 9:40 AM on the last day of school, Tuesday, June 17, and busses will depart at 9:50 AM.