Skyridge Admin Team
We are proud to announce our 2011 Warren Award Recipients!
Hope Richter (pictured at left) is our Jackson Leadership Award recipient. Hope is a 4.0 student and is described as standing up for what is right even if she is standing alone. She is kind, compassionate and encourages others.
Zephry Lyne (pictured at right) received our Good Will Award. He is responsible, hard working and an exceptional leader. Zephry consistently volunteers to help others and is described as being the friend we all wish to have.
Mr. Blair, a health/fitness teacher here at Skyridge, will be attending his 30th high school reunion this summer in Ohio. Instead of flying or driving, he will be pedaling his road bike across the country! If you would like to “ride along” with him, visit his Facebook page. Mr. Blair plans to post daily comments/pictures during his ride. He will depart from Everett, WA, on June 23 and finish in Washington D.C. on August 5… 44 days, 14 states, 3,200 miles. Mr. Houston, also a Skyridge health/fitness teacher, and his family will ride across Washington state with Mr. Blair to make sure he gets a great start. Good luck, Mr. Blair!
Our Skyridge athletes have had an outstanding year under the direction of our Athletic Coordinator, Bob Foster, and all of our dedicated coaches! Our program continues to grow each year. Here are some highlights from this year:
- 428 student athletes participated in sports this year
- The GPA average for all athletes is 3.49
- The Skyridge track team competes with 25% of our student body or 188 athletes
- The track team has a team GPA of 3.49
- The 8th grade Boys Basketball team led all teams with a GPA of 3.7
- 8th Football finished 4th
- 7th Girls Cross Country were League Champions
- 8th Girls Volleyball were League Champions and won the District Tournament
- 8th Girls Basketball were League Champions and also won the District Tournament
- 8th Boys Basketball finished 3rd in league and 4rd in the District Tournament
- Track is currently undefeated and looks to have a great District Meet on June 2
Congratulations to Mr. Mattson’s Pre-AP class and a huge thank you to the Camas Education Foundation! Today we were informed that the grant Mr. Mattson’s class researched, wrote and presented, IPods Touches: Touching Children’s Learning Experiences, has been chosen and awarded $7,500. With this money, during the 2011-12 school year our teaching team will pilot the use of a Learning Lab that consists of twenty 8GB iPod Touches to identify best teaching practices with these devices. This lab will be a lasting legacy from the Class of 2015 to the future student body of Skyridge
Our 8th grade students are looking forward to their future as CHS Papermakers! Our Skyridge and Liberty PTO’s have partnered in offering a special t-shirt and/or hoodie spirit wear opportunity for our Class of 2015. Details are shown on the order form (below). Orders are due May 19 so that delivery can occur prior to the 8th grade assembly and optional dance happening at CHS on June 2.