Skyridge Admin Team
Please reserve Monday, September 22, 6:30 – 8:00 PM, for our Skyridge 6th Grade Parent Curriculum Evening. Our teachers are looking forward to sharing with you what our newest Skyhawks will be learning and experiencing this year. There will be a planned schedule, so we encourage you to set aside the full 1 ½ hours to join us here at Skyridge. Due to limited space, this is a parent only event and carpooling is encouraged.
For those of you who might be interested in obtaining an “AS NEEDED” bus note, there is now a form that needs to be filled out and returned to the bus barn! The main office can no longer just give you a bus note for the rest of the year for another bus stop other than your assigned one.
If you are considering going to the Jack, Will, Rob Center or need to go to an after school sitter on a regular basis, you will need to have this filled out IN ADVANCE. It may take as long as two weeks before approval will be given. Forms may be obtained in the main office or online through the TRANSPORTATION section on the Camas School website or by clicking the link “Transportation Request” at the top of this post. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Crews or Mrs. Button in the main office.
8th Grade Boys Football
Coaches: Jesse Parbon, Joe Edwards, John Constien
August 18 – Gear Checkout – 9:00-10:00 AM
August 18 – First Practice – 10:00-12:00 AM
Sept. 11 @Covington 3:45
Sept. 16 PICTURES 3:00
Sept. 18 (H)Wy’East 3:45
Sept. 25 (H)Frontier 3:45
Sept. 30 @Liberty 6:00
Paper Cup @ Doc Harris
Oct. 02 @Shahala 3:45
Oct. 07 (H)Pacific 3:45
Oct. 14 Cascade 3:45
@Doc Harris Stadium
Oct. 18 Football Extravaganza Doc Harris Stadium Games at 9:00, 11:00, 1:00 & 3:00
Dates and times subject to change
6th, 7th, 8th Girls Cross Country
Coaches: Rick Houston, John Condon
Aug. 18- First Day of Practice 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Sept. 12 @Liberty 3:45
Sept. 16 @Covington 3:45
Sept. 17 PICTURES 3:00
Sept. 19 (H)Wy’East 3:45
Sept. 23 (H)Frontier 3:45
Sept. 26 @Shahala 3:45
Sept. 30 (H)Pacific 3:45
Oct. 3 (H)Cascade 3:45
Oct. 9 District Meet@Harmony Field 3:00
Dates and times subject to change
Frequently asked questions at the beginning of the school year
Who do I talk to if I have questions regarding my child’s schedule?
- Our Skyridge school counselors – Mrs. Loren (students’ last names A-K) and Mrs. Thielbar (students’ last names L-Z)
- Student schedule changes can be made during the first 5 days of each trimester, if room is available and your child qualifies to be in a requested class.
When do I get my locker?
- Sixth grade students will receive their locker assignment at the new student orientation.
- Seventh and 8th grade students will receive their locker assignments from their core class teacher during the first week of school.
- Due to our growing population, not all students will receive locker assignments. If your student would like to share or forego using a locker for the school year, please inform you teacher.
When should I pay for all my child’s supplies and materials?
- Avoid lines at our New Student Orientation! School purchases can now be made in the Skyridge main office starting August 18 from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Closed from 12:30-1 pm for lunch.- ASB $25.00, Fitness Clothing $17.00, Student Planner $6.00, and Yearbook for 2014-15 – $25.00, Middle School Athletic User Fee $30.00 per sport.
- New to middle schools this year, school purchases and fees may be paid for online under the “Parent” tab on the district’s website using your Skyward login and password.
- Add funds to your student’s meal account online. Find the MealTime Online link on the main page of the school’s website.
When is the first day of school for Camas students?
- Camas students begin school on Tuesday, September 2nd.
- Skyridge school day is 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
How do I find my bus schedule?
- On the Camas School District website you will find “Transportation” tab under the “Parent Corner” tab.
- Once you have been redirected to the Transportation website, locate the “Routes” tab and click on “E-Link (Bus Stop Search)”.
- Type in all appropriate information and hit Find.
What do I do with my school supplies?
- New student orientation is for picking up schedules, finding your classrooms, meeting teachers and practicing with hallway lockers. Keep school supplies at home that night.
- Team school supplies may be brought into your core classroom starting the first week of school.
- Personal school supplies will be yours to carry in your backpack or stored in your locker.
When is picture day?
- Tuesday, September 9
Beginning August 25, Girls Cross Country practice will be from 3:00-4:30 PM. There will be no practice on Friday, August 29. Football practices remain the same.
Please mark your calendar with the following:
Wednesday, August 27: 6th grade/New Student Orientation 5:30-8 PM (Parents and students should plan to stay for the entire event)
Thursday, August 28: 7/8th grade students may drop-in to pick up schedules and pay fees. 8 AM-3 PM
The Skyridge school office is now closed for summer break and will open on Monday, August 18, 8 AM-3 PM.
Please note that all school offices will be closed from 10 AM to 1 PM for a district-wide, all staff meeting on August 27.
We are proud to announce our
2013-2014 Warren Award Recipients!
Duy Vuong is our Good Will Award recipient! Duy has exemplified the definition of good will and compassion throughout his Skyridge journey. He is quick to help others and a pleasure to have in classes. Duy’s good nature, positive spirit and energy make him a magnetic force and his positive attitude is contagious. His friendliness is genuine and you can’t help but be transformed into a good mood when in his presence. He has a special way of making others around him feel valued and respected.
This year the Jackson Leadership Award winner is Anand (Krishnan) Nair. He consistently shares a positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond the norm as he leads others by his kind example. Krishnan always offers a helping hand or listening ear to others. He consistently builds his peers up and supports them. His positive leadership, consistent smile, attention to detail, honesty, respect for peers and teachers, and work ethic consistently exemplifies inspirational leadership to others.
Skyridge office hours following release of students for the 2013-14 school year are:
Last Day of School, Tuesday, June 17: 8 AM – 11:30 AM
Wednesday-Friday, June 18-20: 8 AM – 3 PM
The office will reopen on Monday, August 18: 8 AM – 3 PM
Skyridge classes will release at 9:40 AM on the last day of school, Tuesday, June 17, and busses will depart at 9:50 AM.
Skyridge Middle School staff and students are very pleased to receive the Washington State Academic Achievement Award for the fifth consecutive year! This award is sponsored by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction and the State Board of Education. “These awards shine the light on what is working well in schools across Washington,” said Dr. Kristina Mayer, State Board of Education Chair. Other schools within our Camas School District also be recognized include Camas High School, Liberty Middle School, Grass Valley Elementary and Helen Baller Elementary. Go Camas!