Thanks to all the voters in Camas who stepped up and voted to uphold our standards for our students, and the community in which we live. While we only needed a simple majority to win the levy elections, it warms the heart to see the overwhelming support.
Election Day is around the corner, and several Camas Schools will be ballot drop box locations on February 12: Helen Baller, Dorothy Fox, Prune Hill, and Camas High School.If you didn’t receive the district’s levy informational brochure, click here to download it.
Before we all leave for Christmas break, we wanted to give an update on our student athletes and their success in seasons one and two. Not only are they good athletes, they are also very good students. Here are some of the highlights:
- 213 student athletes participated.
- Their combined GPA is 3.59.
- Skyridge football finished 4th in league this year.
- The Skyridge Girls Cross Country team went undefeated and won the league championship. They also won the District Championship and set a bunch of personal records.
- Skyridge wrestling competed well this year and ended up with one District champion. Their team was predominately 6th grade wrestlers and they should be very good next year.
- The 7th grade Skyhawk volleyball team was 10-0 and won the league championship. The 7th B team was 9-1.
- The Skyhawk 8th grade volleyball team is undefeated and won the league championship. The 8th B team was also 10-0. They are favored to win the District Tournament this Friday.
- The Skyridge 8th grade volleyball team is also in the lead for the Skyhawk Athletic Academic Team Award with a GPA of 3.86.
Skyridge and Liberty Middle Schools
The C.A.R.O.L. canned food drive begins Monday, and we wondered if any fellow Hawks knew what C.A.R.O.L. stands for…
Join us for the annual Holly Days Craft Fair this Saturday at Liberty Middle School! New this year: Breakfast with Santa with an opportunity for photos!
With a perfect league record of 7-0 our team worked hard and pushed themselves throughout the entire season.
“What an amazing group of girls we had as they worked so hard throughout the season!” commented Coach Houston. Go Hawks!