Get Adobe Flash player

Questions?

Frequently asked questions at the beginning of the school year

Who do I talk to if I have questions regarding my child’s schedule?

• Our Skyridge school counselors – Mrs. Loren (students’ last names A-K) and Mrs. Thielbar (students’ last names L-Z)
  • Student schedule changes can be made during the first 5 days of each trimester, if room is available and your child qualifies to be in a requested class.

When do I get my locker?

• Sixth grade students will receive their locker assignment at the new student orientation.
  • Seventh and 8th grade students will receive their locker assignments from their core class teacher during the first week of school.
  • Due to our growing population, not all students will receive locker assignments.  If your student would like to share or forego using a locker for the school year, please inform you teacher.

When should I pay for all my child’s supplies and materials?

• Avoid lines at our New Student Orientation! School purchases can now be made in the Skyridge main office starting August 18 from 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Closed from 12:30-1 pm for lunch.- ASB $25.00, Fitness Clothing $17.00, Student Planner $6.00, and Yearbook for 2014-15 – $25.00, Middle School Athletic User Fee $30.00 per sport.
  • New to middle schools this year, school purchases and fees may be paid for online under the “Parent” tab on the district’s website using your Skyward login and password.
  • Add funds to your student’s meal account online.  Find the MealTime Online link on the main page of the school’s website.

When is the first day of school for Camas students?

• Camas students begin school on Tuesday, September 2nd.
  • Skyridge school day is 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.

How do I find my bus schedule?

• On the Camas School District website you will find “Transportation” tab under the “Parent Corner” tab.
  •  Once you have been redirected to the Transportation website, locate the “Routes” tab and click on “E-Link (Bus Stop Search)”.
  • Type in all appropriate information and hit Find.

What do I do with my school supplies?

• New student orientation is for picking up schedules, finding your classrooms, meeting teachers and practicing with hallway lockers.  Keep school supplies at home that night.
  • Team school supplies may be brought into your core classroom starting the first week of school.
  • Personal school supplies will be yours to carry in your backpack or stored in your locker.

When is picture day?

• Tuesday, September 9