Outstanding Skyhawk Athletic Year
Great results need to be shared! Sky athletes have done an outstanding job this year. Our teams have competed at a high level in every league sport this year. We are also extremely proud of how they have competed academically. 470 Skyridge students competed in 2012-2013 with an average GPA of 3.57. The GPA for all Skyridge students is 3.37.
A big thank you goes to the Skyridge staff and the parents of these great kids for their support.
Skyridge student athletes can be very proud of their accomplishments.
Here are this year’s highlights:
- Skyridge Football – 4th in league
- Skyridge Cross Country – League and District Champions
- Skyridge Volleyball – 7th and 8th League Champions
- Skyridge Wrestling – 1 Individual District Champion – large group of 6th graders
- Skyridge Girls Basketball – 3rd in League and 3rd in the District Tournament
- Skyridge Boys Basketball – 2nd in League and 3rd in the District Tournament
- Skyridge Knowledge Bowl – 2nd in League and 2nd in the District Tournament
- Skyridge Track – League and District Champions – 1 new individual District Record (Rachel Blair 1600 meters) – 6th grade Girls District Champions and 7th grade Boys and Girls District Champions
The Skyridge Girls 8th grade Volleyball Team is the 2012-2013 Skyhawk Team Academic Award Winner with a GPA of 3.83! Go Skyhawks!