Fall is here! Please note the following dates and activities here at Prune Hill:
October 20 Science Olympiad 3:30-4:30 Room 19
October 22 5th Grade Water Quality Monitoring 9:15-12:15 @ PH Bioswale
October 22 Science Olympiad District Competition @ CHS 2:00-4:00
October 23 LAP Parent Meeting 6:00-7:00 Room 9
October 24 Prune Hill Harvest Dance 6:00-8:00 PH Gym
October 27-31 CONFERENCE WEEK 1:10 Dismissal Monday-Friday, AM Kindergarten Tue/Thursday and PM Kindergarten M/W/Friday
October 29 Assembly: Service Animals and Tulip 9:15-9:45 PH Gym
October 30 2nd Grade Field Trip Downtown Camas 9:30-11:30
October 31 Spirit Day: Crazy Anything Day!
This year, the Camas School District is providing a full week of early release days dedicated to elementary conferencing with families. During the week of October 27-31, 2014, all elementary schools will operate on an early release schedule (9:00 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.). Kindergarten students will attend school on a rotating schedule of every other day of school during this week.
- PM Kindergarten students will attend school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during conference week. They willnot attend Tuesday or Thursday.
- AM Kindergarten students will attend kindergarten on Tuesday and Thursday of conference week. They will notattend Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
If your child’s dismissal plan will differ from his/her regular plan due to the early release schedule, please let your school office know.
Please note: Camas Extended Day and the Jack, Will, Rob Center will be open early for participants during conference week. Camas Community Ed after-school classes for students are cancelled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of conference week.
Please join us for an evening of family-focused learning activities to support early learning and school readiness skills. This program is open to young learners, ages 3-6 in the Camas School District, and their parents. We will focus on early literacy and math skills and provide free materials for you to take home and use to continue the learning at home. Emphasis on kindergarten readiness skills.
Space is limited to the first 40 families to register!
Wishing you all a wonderful, fun-filled summer vacation! We can’t wait to hear all about your adventures, and hope you will make time to read a book or two while you are gone. See you all soon!
Prune Hill Staff
SAVE THE DATES!
- Our Back to School Night is Thursday, August 28 4:00-6:00 pm here at Prune Hill Elementary. Bring your supplies and say hi to your teacher!
- School starts Tuesday, September 2!
May Day, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day and many events in between are happening at Prune Hill this month…take a look!
May 5th: 3rd and 4th grade MSP testing
May 6th: 3rd grade MSP testing
May 7th: Talent Show applications due
May 9th: Birthday Table during all lunches (thank you PTA!)
May 13th: 4th grade MSP testing
May 14th: Talent Show Auditions 1:10-3:00 PH Gym
May 16th: Box Tops/Campbell Soup Labels due
May 20th: 5th grade tour of Skyridge Middle School
May 21st: Volunteer Assembly 9:15-10:00 PH Gym
May 23rd: Spirit Day! Silly glasses or sunglasses
May 26th: NO SCHOOL! Memorial Day Observance
May 27th: Skyridge Parent Meeting for incoming 6th graders @ Skyridge 6:00-7:00
May 30th: Prune Hill CARNIVAL!! 5:30-8:00 @ Prune Hill
What a terrific turn-out for our PTA Winter Dance and Parent Auction last Friday evening! Our DJ created a fun evening for students, and one lucky young man went home with a Go-Pro from the raffle drawing. March is upon us! Here are upcoming events during the month of March at Prune Hill:
- Tuesday, March 11th: Student Coin Drive for Taiwan Orphanage…continuing our spirit of helpfulness!
- Friday, March 14th Birthday Table during all lunches THANK YOU PTA!
- Tuesday, March 18th 6:00 PTA General Membership Meeting in PH Library
- Thursday, March 27th 6:00 Elementary Music Festival PH Choir at Skyridge Middle School
- Thursday, April 3rd Report Cards go home with students
Spring Break this year falls a bit late: School is closed the week of April 7-11th
We just wrapped up Read to Feed, collecting over 2,000 items of food for local food bank Treasure House, and reading over 175,000 minutes!
Way to go Prune Hill Penguins!
We are in the midst of wonderful teaching and learning here this month! We are also in the midst of coughing and sneezing during the cold and flu season. Please keep your child home if they are running a temperature. Our practice is to call you if your child develops a fever here at school, we encourage hand washing, and our custodians routinely wipe door handles, drinking fountains and stairway bannisters.
THANK YOU to our fabulous PTA and families that have supported our schoolwide focus on mathematics! We are planning on how best to spend these resources for students in the area of math instructional strategies.
We are anticipating possible upcoming blustery weather. If we are closed due to inclement weather, February 14th will be a student attendance day! Here are upcoming dates relating to our school:
- It’s JUNGLE WEEK here in the gym this week!! FUN!
- Tuesday, February 11: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Aladdin Theatre
- Thursday, February 13: Read to Feed ENDS! Bring all cards and donated food to school.
- Friday, February 14: NO SCHOOL
- Monday, February 17: NO SCHOOL
- Friday, February 21: Silly Sock Day! and Birthday Table during all lunches
- Wednesday, February 26: Read to Feed Assembly 9:15
- Friday, February 28 6:00-9:00: PTA Event! Winter Wonderland Dance and Auction in the Gym
We have lots of voracious readers that are earning bracelets and bringing food in for Treasure House. We know that:
READERS ARE LEADERS!! Great job, Prune Hill Penguins!
Click here for our February Newsletter: February 2014 Newsletter