The referral window for the Camas School District’s Highly Capable Program (HCP) is now open for students in grades 2-6. Parents have an opportunity to refer their children for consideration for the HCP for fall placement. Interested families should review this information to 1) understand the definition and characteristics of students who are highly capable; and 2) learn about the nomination process and actions parents need to take by December 15, 2015, to refer students for this process.
As the leaves (and rain) begin to fall, here are some school events we’d like to invite you to attend!
- October 22 Picture Retakes!
- October 26-30 Parent/Teacher Conference Week; Early Dismissal @ 1:10 Monday-Friday
- October 26-30 Book Fair and Grandparent Breakfast: Gparents are invited to join us all week 8:00-8:45
- October 30 Crazy Costume Day (please no scary masks or blood/weapons)
- October 30 Fall Harvest Dance, 6:00-8:00 PH gym
- November 3 Election Day! PH is a local ballot drop-off site
- November 4 Veteran’s Day Assembly 9:15 in PH gym
- November 11 Veteran’s Day, NO SCHOOL
- November 13 Birthday table
- November 16-20 Mailtown in PE
- November 25-27 Thanksgiving Holiday, NO SCHOOL
- November 27 Prune Hill Choir performance at Festival of Trees, 11:00 Vancouver Hilton
In early 2015, a Facilities Advisory of Citizens, Teachers, Staff and Students (FACTSS) met to research and study current and future facilities needs in the Camas School District. Based on their findings and community input, the FACTSS team has recommended a Capital Facilities Bond be placed before voters in February 2016.
Come hear about the proposed bond and give us feedback at one of three listening posts!
PE Family Fun Run!!!
When: Saturday September 19th
Time: 9:30 am – 11:30 am
Where: Prune Hill Path
Why: Kick Off Ocean to Ocean
Ocean to Ocean Family Time! Come join us on Saturday and collect points for Ocean to Ocean, our school fitness program. Fast walk, jog, run or mix it up! Stay as long as you would like. Family members will receive a special Ocean to Ocean card for that day.
Sign up to help:
What a wonderful first day!
Please join us for Parent Information Night in September! This is an opportunity to spend 30-45 minutes in your child’s classroom to hear about how you can support your student at home, and what you can expect from us this school year. Please plan to attend!
- Kindergarten……………………September 15th 5:00
- First Grade…………………….. September 15th 6:00
- Second Grade and Room 1….September 23rd 5:30
- Third Grade……………………..September 17th 5:30
- Fourth Grade……………………September 17th 6:15
- Fifth Grade……………………….September 16th 6:00
We hope to see you all on Thursday, August 27 from 4:00-6:00 to meet your teacher and drop off your school supplies!
The first day of school is WEDNESDAY, September 2 9:00-3:30, except for kindergarteners.
Kindergarteners will receive a mailer in August with teacher assignments and staggered start dates.
See you all then!
Prune Hill Staff