Wishing you all a wonderful, fun-filled summer vacation! We can’t wait to hear all about your adventures, and hope you will make time to read a book or two while you are gone. See you all soon!
Prune Hill Staff
SAVE THE DATES!
- Our Back to School Night is Thursday, August 28 4:00-6:00 pm here at Prune Hill Elementary. Bring your supplies and say hi to your teacher!
- School starts Tuesday, September 2!
May Day, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day and many events in between are happening at Prune Hill this month…take a look!
May 5th: 3rd and 4th grade MSP testing
May 6th: 3rd grade MSP testing
May 7th: Talent Show applications due
May 9th: Birthday Table during all lunches (thank you PTA!)
May 13th: 4th grade MSP testing
May 14th: Talent Show Auditions 1:10-3:00 PH Gym
May 16th: Box Tops/Campbell Soup Labels due
May 20th: 5th grade tour of Skyridge Middle School
May 21st: Volunteer Assembly 9:15-10:00 PH Gym
May 23rd: Spirit Day! Silly glasses or sunglasses
May 26th: NO SCHOOL! Memorial Day Observance
May 27th: Skyridge Parent Meeting for incoming 6th graders @ Skyridge 6:00-7:00
May 30th: Prune Hill CARNIVAL!! 5:30-8:00 @ Prune Hill
What a terrific turn-out for our PTA Winter Dance and Parent Auction last Friday evening! Our DJ created a fun evening for students, and one lucky young man went home with a Go-Pro from the raffle drawing. March is upon us! Here are upcoming events during the month of March at Prune Hill:
- Tuesday, March 11th: Student Coin Drive for Taiwan Orphanage…continuing our spirit of helpfulness!
- Friday, March 14th Birthday Table during all lunches THANK YOU PTA!
- Tuesday, March 18th 6:00 PTA General Membership Meeting in PH Library
- Thursday, March 27th 6:00 Elementary Music Festival PH Choir at Skyridge Middle School
- Thursday, April 3rd Report Cards go home with students
Spring Break this year falls a bit late: School is closed the week of April 7-11th
We just wrapped up Read to Feed, collecting over 2,000 items of food for local food bank Treasure House, and reading over 175,000 minutes!
Way to go Prune Hill Penguins!
We are in the midst of wonderful teaching and learning here this month! We are also in the midst of coughing and sneezing during the cold and flu season. Please keep your child home if they are running a temperature. Our practice is to call you if your child develops a fever here at school, we encourage hand washing, and our custodians routinely wipe door handles, drinking fountains and stairway bannisters.
THANK YOU to our fabulous PTA and families that have supported our schoolwide focus on mathematics! We are planning on how best to spend these resources for students in the area of math instructional strategies.
We are anticipating possible upcoming blustery weather. If we are closed due to inclement weather, February 14th will be a student attendance day! Here are upcoming dates relating to our school:
- It’s JUNGLE WEEK here in the gym this week!! FUN!
- Tuesday, February 11: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Aladdin Theatre
- Thursday, February 13: Read to Feed ENDS! Bring all cards and donated food to school.
- Friday, February 14: NO SCHOOL
- Monday, February 17: NO SCHOOL
- Friday, February 21: Silly Sock Day! and Birthday Table during all lunches
- Wednesday, February 26: Read to Feed Assembly 9:15
- Friday, February 28 6:00-9:00: PTA Event! Winter Wonderland Dance and Auction in the Gym
We have lots of voracious readers that are earning bracelets and bringing food in for Treasure House. We know that:
READERS ARE LEADERS!! Great job, Prune Hill Penguins!
Click here for our February Newsletter: February 2014 Newsletter
That’s right – the CEF Auction never sleeps. Believe it or not, preparations for the 2014 Auction are well underway. In fact, the date and venue have already been secured, but one piece is missing: a co-chair for the committee. Or maybe we should say a dynamic co-chairing duo. Three-year alum Mandy Huth has committed to co-chairing this year’s auction in a supporting role, but she needs a person who will take over the reins. If you have been looking for a good way to get seriously involved in fundraising in Camas, this may be the job for you! See this job description for more detail about what’s involved, and contact Mandy at email@example.com if you are at all curious.
Happy New Year! We are back in the swing of things at Prune Hill Elementary…here are some upcoming events and dates to keep in mind:
- January 20th NO SCHOOL in observance of MLK Jr.
- January 22nd MLK Jr. Assembly 9:15
- January 23rd FAMILY MATH NIGHT! 5:30-7:00 at PH
- January 27th NO SCHOOL
- January 30th PTA Meeting 6:00 PH Library
- January 31st Sports Day!
For our latest newsletter, please click here: January 2014 Newsletter
Thanks for supporting your penguin reader! Read to Feed continues through the month! KEEP READING!!!
We wish all of our wonderful Prune Hill families a joyful holiday season and Happy New Year!
Friday, December 20th is our last day of classes. School resumes Monday, January 6th. Encourage your penguin to read a book for our Read to Feed efforts that run through January to support our local families in need.
Click here for the latest newsletter December 2013 Newsletter