Congratulations to our 7th Grade Girls’ Volleyball Team for beating Frontier. Liberty Lions 7th Grade record is now 4-3. Keep up the great work ladies!
Congratulations Liberty Lions wrestling team! Last night the team defeated Cascade 76 to 22 . Outstanding wrestlers for Liberty were Simon Samodurov, Derek Goodwin and Kira Heflin. So far the team season record overall is 3 and 3. We have 4 undefeated wrestlers at this point in the season: Sam Malychewski at 155 lbs., Rylan Thompson at 125 lbs., Quentin Adams at 118 lbs. and Gideon Malychewski at 100 lbs. Keep up the great work wrestlers! Our Lion Pride is strong and wide! GO LIONS!!!
Thank you for the awesome donations! Keep those cans coming to support our local Treasure House! All cans are due by this Thursday, December 5th!
Yearbooks are back on sale from today through Dec 11 for $25.00! Buy yours at the cashier’s window (Mrs. Cobleigh. Next time yearbooks are on sale will be June 2 – June 11 so don’t delay!
Shout out to Liberty’s 7th Grade Girls Volleyball team for their win against Skyridge – 25-14, 17-25, 21-14. Game highlights: Chloe Nidick served 6 points in a row including 3 aces. Sierra Goodwin also served 6 in a row. Alyssa Heilbrun served 5 in a row and had two kills coming off the bench. Ellah Allman served 5 in a row. Great job ladies!
It’s that time of the year again, let’s get ready to Stuff the Bus!
We will keep track of how much food each class has collected. Cans count as 1 point each and Top Ramen counts at 1/10th a point. We are collecting boxed food as well. Cash donations will be accepted–$1 a tally. Please send all cash donations to the main office. WE CANNOT ACCEPT CHECKS!!
The bus comes for pickup on Friday, December 6th! We will be collecting food up until Thursday, December 5th and announcing a winner the following day.
All food collected support our local treasure house. Last year Camas and Washougal school districts were able to raise 85,000 lbs. of food!!! Thank you for your support Liberty families! GO LIONS!!!!
Started November 1st and continues through the school year……..
50 Box Tops = $1 for Book Fair
Students turn in 50 Box Tops and receive a certificate of $1 toward your purchase at the Book Fair! No limit! eBoxTops count too! Activity”.)
- Students turn in a baggie or envelope of 50 Box Tops to the BTFE Box at the Activities Office Window.
- All turn-ins must include: Student’s name and Teacher’s name printed clearly.
- No expired Box Tops accepted.
Students will receive a certificate with the $ amount of their earnings to spend at the Book Fair Dec. 2nd – Dec. 6th! For more information please go to the Liberty PTO website at: http://www.libertylionspto.com/box-tops.
If your family would benefit from any of the programs listed below, please contact your school counselors, Emily Fitch or Billie Jo McEathron. We are happy to help connect you with resources. We are looking for kids to support through our giving tree. Please contact us if you would like to be included!
Food for Families
- Your donations to Treasure House help support our kids and families. Treasure House is always in need of the following: Canned meals (chili, stew, ravioli, etc..), Soups, Small jars of peanut butter, Jelly/jam (no glass jars), Canned meats (tuna, chicken, etc…), Oatmeal packets, Dry cereal, Macaroni and Cheese, Dried nuts, Dried fruit, Canned fruit, Granola bars, Crackers, Fresh fruit, Fresh veggies (baby carrots, celery sticks), Juice, Soap, Deodorant, Shampoo, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Floss, Toilet paper Donations can be dropped off at Treasure House (91 C Street, Washougal) or in our front office. If you drop off donations at Treasure House, please let them know what it is for.
- We have an emergency lunch account for kids who do not have money for lunch. Please see Kris Cobleigh in our main office if you would like to donate money for this account.
- As you know, supplies are expensive and can add a financial burden to families that are already struggling. Here at Liberty, we want kids to have the tools they need for learning. If you would like to donate supplies, please drop them off in the main office. We try to have all necessary plans on hand. Currently we are in need of: accordion folders, trapper keepers and other supplies.
- Liberty also offers help with band/choir/asb
fees, athletics scholarships, planners and PE uniforms.
- As the days get colder, kids are in need of coats, gloves, socks, and hats. Your donations to Camas-Washougal Community Chest allow our school to purchase these items for students in need. For information on giving options, please contact Community Chest at www.camaswashougalcc.com or 360 834-3312.
Holiday Food and Gifts
- The C.A.R.O.L. food program offers holiday food baskets and gifts to community families. If you would like to help with the C.A.R.O.L. food program, they are collecting non-perishable food items and unwrapped toys for kids, ages 0-16. Donations can be dropped off at the Camas Fire Department (the entrance is on Franklin St.)
- Treasure House also offers food and gifts to local families. They are accepting non-perishable food donations and unwrapped gifts for kids ages 0-18. Donations can be dropped off at Treasure House (91 C Street, Washougal) or in our front office.
- During the month of December, we will have a giving tree in the student center. If you are interested in helping meet specific needs for our students during the holiday season, gift ideas will be listed on ornaments on our tree. Please return wrapped, labeled gifts by December 13th.