Athletics and Activities
Orders forms can be picked up in the office or order at mylifetouch.com (Picture Day ID: FO766450Q1)
Coding Club Starts Thursday, September 29th!
Click on below link for more information.
Each week in Washington State, an average of two youth die by suicide. Another 17 attempt suicide, and their injuries result in hospitalization. While these facts are disturbing, there is hope. By educating ourselves and others, we can make a difference. Hope Bereavement is hosting a training on Youth Suicide Prevention led by Mary Jadwisiak, Field Coordinator for Youth Suicide Prevention Program. This training is free and open to the public and will be helpful for parents and concerned community members.
Click on the below link for more information:
August 30 (Tuesday) – 6th Grade – Students and families should plan to attend the entire time.
4:30 – 5:00 Pick up 6th grade schedule, a map, and an itinerary from the tables outside the front entrance to Liberty. Tour the building until 5:00.
5:00 – 5:20 Students and their families will follow their student’s schedule and briefly meet their teachers.
5:20 – 7:00 Students and families will arrive back at their first period classroom before separating.
- Students will go with their first period teacher to rotate through stations where they will get pictures taken, choose a locker, and set up their lunch account.
- Parents/Guardians will have an opportunity to choose from a variety of workshops to attend (see below) and will be able to pay fees and turn in paperwork (if not previously done)
7:00 – 7:30 Students and families will reunite back in the commons for a snack.
August 31 (Wednesday) – 7th and 8th Grade and New Students
7th Grade Back to School Night Schedule
During our Back to School Night, from 5:00 – 7:00, students and families may come to take part in the following activities.
- Pick up your student’s 7th grade schedule
- Follow your student’s schedule to briefly meet their teachers
- Choose and decorate locker
- Attend parent workshops (options listed below)
- Pay fees and turn in paperwork
- Enjoy a snack in the Commons provided by our PTO at 7:00
8th Grade – Back to School Curriculum Night Schedule
Schedules will be available to pick up in the Liberty Main Entrance starting at 4:30 pm. There will be two sessions for you to participate in; each about an hour long and can done in either order.
- Session 1: Getting to Know Your Teaching Team [5:00 – 6:00 OR 6:00 – 7:00] Families will hear from the teaching team about the learning experiences they can expect for the year, hear about 8th grade curriculum and activities students will participate in thought out the year, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Families can then follow their student’s schedule and visit the different classrooms giving them the opportunity to meet their teachers individually. Finally, they can get their lockers!
- Session 2: Workshops and More [5:00 – 6:00 OR 6:00 – 7:00] Families can attend one of three workshops (see below), pay fees, turn in paperwork, and tour the school.
- Starting around 7:00 Students and Families can meet in the commons for a snack provided by PTO
**New students and families! There will be a new student orientation from 4:15 to 5:00, prior to the 7th and 8th grade Back to School night. During this time, new families will have time to tour the building with an administrator or counselor and ask questions prior to other students arriving. Please check in at the main office.
A very big shout and congratulations to Liberty’s very own Sammy Geiger! Last Saturday, Sammy ran the 800m at the Portland Youth Track Festival and won first place!
Sammy ran a HUGE personal best of 2:07.14, which is one of the fastest 7th grade times in the nation! J Way to go Sammy!
Sign up for fall sports NOW! Registration paperwork may be found on our website or in the Athletic Office. 8th Football starts August 17th and 6/7/8 Girls Cross Country starts August 22nd. See Ms. Harlan for questions.
Dismissal time is 9:40 AM from Liberty and the busses will depart at 9:50 AM
9th Grade Boys Basketball Summer Conditioning Starts May 31st @ 6:00-8:00pm @ CHS and June 1st TBD. Required forms are located on the CHS website. http://chs.camas.wednet.edu/athletics5/
- Medical Emergency Form
- Eligibility (if transfer student)
-We are aware that players participate in other sports, clubs, etc. We want guys on the summer roster that will be able to commit to all of our basketball schedule. We want to maximize the opportunities we give the players, and having guys only show up to part of the summer takes away that opportunity from other players. Players should check the baseball, soccer, football, lacrosse, etc, schedule and make sure that they can commit to summer ball before tryouts. If they cannot commit to summer basketball. If they cannot play summer ball, they can still participate and tryout come winter season (November). Please check all practice dates, tournaments, and team camp to see if your son can commit to all of our summer schedule.
The Summmer ball schedule is online at www.camasbasketball.com under the schedule tab. Most games are TBD and will vary on bracketing.
Join us on June 2, 2016 to learn about Liberty Cross Country. Last year our team had a great regular season with an undefeated regular season as well as winning the Ultimook Invitational for a fourth year in a row! Our meeting will be an opportunity to find out more about our fantastic team and how you can become a part of it as well as summer opportunities for running. We will meet at 6pm till 7pm in the Commons at Liberty Middle School.
If you are unable to make it but would like to join, contact:
Tom Brossia, head coach: firstname.lastname@example.org 833-5852 ext. 78200
Marcie Mueller, assistant coach: Marcie.email@example.com 833-5850 ext. 78174