Liberty Admin Team
The Liberty Lions defeated the Cougars of Cascade in the Middle School Football Extravaganza last Saturday. The Lions fought hard, executed well, and played great defense. It was all out team effort, with everybody making plays. Andrew Boyle made some great passes at QB; Jett Buffet then made some great catches. Special shout out to the O-line, they show huge amounts of growth this year. The defense was dominating!! Congrats on a successful season.
- 8:00 a.m.: 8th Grade Football District Championships – Doc Harris Stadium
- Game 1—9 a.m.—Covington @ Wy’East
- Game 2—11 a.m.—Liberty @ Cascade
- Game 3—1 p.m.—Pacific @ Skyridge
- Game 4—3 p.m.—Frontier @ Shahala
- There is an admission charge. $3 for adults, $2 for students w/out ASB and $1 for students w/ASB. Free for those under 6 and over 65.
- No dogs or other pets on school property
- No food or drink within the track or field area
- The visitor side will be closed for this event
- Concessions will be available
Tryouts will be the week of Oct. 20th 3:00-4:45p.m.. Practices will be held 3:00-4:45p.m.. Attached is the league schedule.
Practices will be held every day from 3:00-5:15p.m. Attached is the league schedule.
Thursday was the last meet for middle school girls’ cross country and the Liberty Lions took control! The Liberty 6th and 7th grade divisions handily won their respective races and the 8th grade division improved overall from their placement last year to 3rd this year, propelling the Lions to overall league champions. Several Liberty runners were in the top 10 of their division and most every runner set a new PR. It was a great way to cap a great season. Way to go!
The Liberty lions traveled to Covington yesterday and played a solid football game, 4 full quarters of football. The final score was 42-0. The offense and defense were dominating. It was a complete team effort!! Offense, defense, and special teams! We are proud of our Lions football team!
Are you interested in traveling to the East Coast with a group of friends for a week? This 8th grade trip will be June 19-26, 2015. On this trip, we will visit Colonial Williamsburg, Washington D.C., Lancaster, PA, Gettysburg, PA, and New York City. To find out more about this trip, you and your parents can attend the East Coast Trip Informational Meeting at 7 p.m. in the Skyridge Library on Thursday, October 9. Flyers about the meeting are available in the office.