Seventh Grade Pre-AP Summer Project
Seventh Grade Pre-AP
2012 – 2013
Summer is approaching and we know you will be ready to soak up the sun and play, play, play! With this in mind, we have decided to suspend the traditional format summer project (Skyridge is also suspending the traditional format summer project for sixth and seventh grade) with one exception – you ARE REQUIRED to read a BOOK!
Here are the SIMPLE criteria for your book:
- Set in the northwest (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho).
- Story is based on Native Americans (Northwest Tribes).
- Five notes (a sentence or two) per chapter about what you found to be interesting, or did not understand.
- The book is required in class the first two weeks of school.
- There will be an assignment based on your chosen book.
PLEASE NOTE: Part of the assignment is the search for the book. One of our challenges as life-long readers is finding an interesting book. Take a trip to the library, any library, and begin you search. Of course, you may do some looking via Internet or bookstores, but you might be surprised how much you enjoy the experience of the library. Please do not ask us for recommendations, but please talk with your parents and make sure they approve your choice.