- Smile! This Thursday, October 27th, is Picture Re-Take Day in the Lion’s Den. If you are having retakes, please bring your “old” pictures and turn them into the photographer as payment for your new pictures. Also, if you haven’t had your picture taken this school year, please do so as we need it for the yearbook (and for your free I.D. card!).
When: 10-25-16 (Tuesday)
Time: 7:00 pm (LMS)
CAMAS SELECT BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS
Grades: 5-8, For boys in the CSD who want to participate in advanced competition in prep. for H.S. basketball. Teams will play mid Nov. through Feb. in the Hoop Source Winter Tourney. Additional fees may apply: i.e. uniforms & added tournaments. Must attend both tryout dates.
- Monday & Tuesday, October 17 & 18
- 5th grade 6:45-8:00 Report to the Skyridge cafeteria for check in.
- 6th grade 6:45-8:00 Report to the Skyridge cafeteria for check in.
- 7th grade 7:45-9:00 Report to the Skyridge cafeteria for check in.
- 8th grade 7:45-9:00 Report to the Skyridge cafeteria for check in.
- Skyridge Middle School
- Fee: $150, check will be held until we know if you/your child made the team.
BOYS BASKETBALL CLINICS
Grades: 3-8, Join CHS Varsity Coach, Skyler Gillespie, & others at this basketball clinic. All level of players will work to refine skills. Ball handling, shooting, & finishing moves are some skills taught through drills & live competition.
- WHO: Grades 3-8
- WHERE: Liberty Middle School Gym
- DATE: Saturday, October 22
- TIME: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Coach: Skyler Gillespie and others
- Fee: $25
Orders forms can be picked up in the office or order at mylifetouch.com (Picture Day ID: FO766450Q1)
Coding Club Starts Thursday, September 29th!
Click on below link for more information.
Each week in Washington State, an average of two youth die by suicide. Another 17 attempt suicide, and their injuries result in hospitalization. While these facts are disturbing, there is hope. By educating ourselves and others, we can make a difference. Hope Bereavement is hosting a training on Youth Suicide Prevention led by Mary Jadwisiak, Field Coordinator for Youth Suicide Prevention Program. This training is free and open to the public and will be helpful for parents and concerned community members.
Click on the below link for more information:
August 30 (Tuesday) – 6th Grade – Students and families should plan to attend the entire time.
4:30 – 5:00 Pick up 6th grade schedule, a map, and an itinerary from the tables outside the front entrance to Liberty. Tour the building until 5:00.
5:00 – 5:20 Students and their families will follow their student’s schedule and briefly meet their teachers.
5:20 – 7:00 Students and families will arrive back at their first period classroom before separating.
- Students will go with their first period teacher to rotate through stations where they will get pictures taken, choose a locker, and set up their lunch account.
- Parents/Guardians will have an opportunity to choose from a variety of workshops to attend (see below) and will be able to pay fees and turn in paperwork (if not previously done)
7:00 – 7:30 Students and families will reunite back in the commons for a snack.
August 31 (Wednesday) – 7th and 8th Grade and New Students
7th Grade Back to School Night Schedule
During our Back to School Night, from 5:00 – 7:00, students and families may come to take part in the following activities.
- Pick up your student’s 7th grade schedule
- Follow your student’s schedule to briefly meet their teachers
- Choose and decorate locker
- Attend parent workshops (options listed below)
- Pay fees and turn in paperwork
- Enjoy a snack in the Commons provided by our PTO at 7:00
8th Grade – Back to School Curriculum Night Schedule
Schedules will be available to pick up in the Liberty Main Entrance starting at 4:30 pm. There will be two sessions for you to participate in; each about an hour long and can done in either order.
- Session 1: Getting to Know Your Teaching Team [5:00 – 6:00 OR 6:00 – 7:00] Families will hear from the teaching team about the learning experiences they can expect for the year, hear about 8th grade curriculum and activities students will participate in thought out the year, and have the opportunity to ask questions. Families can then follow their student’s schedule and visit the different classrooms giving them the opportunity to meet their teachers individually. Finally, they can get their lockers!
- Session 2: Workshops and More [5:00 – 6:00 OR 6:00 – 7:00] Families can attend one of three workshops (see below), pay fees, turn in paperwork, and tour the school.
- Starting around 7:00 Students and Families can meet in the commons for a snack provided by PTO
**New students and families! There will be a new student orientation from 4:15 to 5:00, prior to the 7th and 8th grade Back to School night. During this time, new families will have time to tour the building with an administrator or counselor and ask questions prior to other students arriving. Please check in at the main office.
A very big shout and congratulations to Liberty’s very own Sammy Geiger! Last Saturday, Sammy ran the 800m at the Portland Youth Track Festival and won first place!
Sammy ran a HUGE personal best of 2:07.14, which is one of the fastest 7th grade times in the nation! J Way to go Sammy!