Our ASB needs your help! Each year Liberty Middle School’s ASB helps fund ALL of our activities, clubs and sports programs. ASB also funds various areas for Liberty:
- Robotics, Science Olympiad, National Jr. Honor Society, Green Lions
- Opportunities for Liberty students to enhance their school experience during the school day
- Events and Activities for Liberty families to facilitate growth of our school community
Liberty holds two fundraisers every year – one in the fall and one in the spring. We will no longer participate in the magazine sale fundraiser as it didn’t involve all of our students and had minimal fundraising impact.
This year we are establishing our 1st Annual Fall Fitness Frenzy on October 17, 2014. Students will walk and/or run at Doc Harris track for 60 minutes. Money will be raised by students collecting a one-time money donation NOT per lap. Students will set a goal of how many laps they want to complete within the 60 minutes. Our goal is to have each student raise $50.00 so that we will be able to support all of our programs that make Liberty a strong community and enriching environment for our students. If we raise $10,000.00, students will be awarded a movie night at Doc Harris Stadium!
If every family sponsors their child in the Fall Fitness Frenzy, we will meet our fundraising goal with this one event. Because there is no product to sell or other vendor involved, EVERY DOLLAR that you contribute goes directly to Liberty Middle School ASB to support our students. Please note that all Liberty students will be able to participate in the Fall Fitness Frenzy even if they do not take part in the fundraiser.
- The top boy AND girl fundraiser in EACH GRADE will receive a special prize.
- The top fundraiser in the whole school will receive a grand prize.
- The class that raises the most money will receive a special gift.
Donations are to be collected from now until October 17, 2014.
Our school raised a total of $8,022.40!!!
Mr. Macaya’s7th grade health class won the movie and popcorn party after collecting $2,511.50!
The 6th grade boy and girl winners are Daisy Wagner and Lance Johnson.
7th grade boy and girl winners are Luci Snyder and Luc Utheza.
8th grade boy and girl winners are Danika Vu and Aaron Greene.
Overall winner is Sarah Morton who collected an impressive $1,000!!!!
Winners may pick up your prizes in the Athletic Office during lunch or after school.
Because of your outstanding job we will be having the Movie Night at Doc Harris Stadium in the spring. Great job Lions!
Interested in running and conditioning? The Liberty Running Club will begin Monday, October 27th from 3:00-3:45 p.m. Running Club is open to both boys and girls grades 6-8. We run the trails surrounding Round Lake and Lacamas Lake as well as others. We will continue every Monday and Thursday until April and you need not attend every session. See Mr. Brossia or Mrs. Harlan for a permission form. See you Monday!
The Liberty Lions defeated the Cougars of Cascade in the Middle School Football Extravaganza last Saturday. The Lions fought hard, executed well, and played great defense. It was all out team effort, with everybody making plays. Andrew Boyle made some great passes at QB; Jett Buffet then made some great catches. Special shout out to the O-line, they show huge amounts of growth this year. The defense was dominating!! Congrats on a successful season.
- 8:00 a.m.: 8th Grade Football District Championships – Doc Harris Stadium
- Game 1—9 a.m.—Covington @ Wy’East
- Game 2—11 a.m.—Liberty @ Cascade
- Game 3—1 p.m.—Pacific @ Skyridge
- Game 4—3 p.m.—Frontier @ Shahala
- There is an admission charge. $3 for adults, $2 for students w/out ASB and $1 for students w/ASB. Free for those under 6 and over 65.
- No dogs or other pets on school property
- No food or drink within the track or field area
- The visitor side will be closed for this event
- Concessions will be available
Tryouts will be the week of Oct. 20th 3:00-4:45p.m.. Practices will be held 3:00-4:30p.m.. Attached is the league schedule.
Practices will be held every day from 3:00-5:15p.m. Attached is the league schedule.
Thursday was the last meet for middle school girls’ cross country and the Liberty Lions took control! The Liberty 6th and 7th grade divisions handily won their respective races and the 8th grade division improved overall from their placement last year to 3rd this year, propelling the Lions to overall league champions. Several Liberty runners were in the top 10 of their division and most every runner set a new PR. It was a great way to cap a great season. Way to go!