1919 NE Ione Street Camas WA 98607 * (360) 833-5600 * fax (360) 833-5601
Parents come find out more about Hayes on March 19 at 6:30pm.
*****We are taking applications for fall freshman enrollment.
We Did you know that Hayes Freedom High School is an innovative school of choice for ninth-twelfth grade students?
Hayes Freedom High School was founded on the principle that not all students thrive in a large, comprehensive high school environment. If your student may benefit from any of the following hallmarks of HFHS, she or he might want to get to know us!
Hayes Freedom High School offers:
• Small class sizes; usually about 20 students per class.
• Longer, intensely focused classes; students take three 1:40 core classes with a 30 minute advisory each day. This allows students more time with teachers, time to work on projects in
class, and a deeper understanding of material.
• Intentional, project-based learning; Hayes students are encouraged by teachers to approach assignments and projects in creative ways focusing on the learning styles of individual
• Strong relationships; with only a maximum of 200 students and ten teachers, students will have the same teachers for several subjects over time. This cultivates a tight-knit community
where students know teachers and teachers know students. Attending Hayes is like joining a family “where everybody knows your name.”
Students and parents are invited to come to Hayes Freedom High School to find out about our program. Please call Kristi Thomas at 360-833-5600 to schedule an appointment.
Cascadia Tech Field Trip
Hayes Freedom will take a field trip to Cascadia Tech Academy (formerly the Skills Center) Friday, February 9th. Sophomore and Juniors interested in attending Cascadia Tech Academy next fall can tour the campus and check out the many programs available to them. A permission slip will be coming home soon with those students who signed up to attend. Please feel free to email or call Ms. Ross with any questions or concerns.
Our back to school open house night will be held Thursday, September 28 6:00 – 7:30pm at Hayes Freedom.
This will be a time to informally chat with the Hayes Freedom faculty and staff, as well as visit classrooms and tour the school. This is a great opportunity to see what type of work our students are doing!
It is shown that students that have actively involved parents perform better in their school activities, so come out and support your student and our school. We look forward to seeing you!
Financial Aid applications are now available!
For application help or more information regarding FAFSA, Ms. Ross will be available Thursday, January 21 @ 6:30 pm at Hayes to answer questions. You can use computers at the school to complete this crucial step in your student’s post-secondary educational pursuit.
You will need the following to fill out the online application:
- Student’s social security card
- Student’s income information* (Bank statements; a W-2 orpay stub, if you have a job; past tax return, if you filed)
- Parent who claims student as a dependent should be present
- Parent’s financial information* (Bank statements; W-2 or pay stub; last year’s tax return)
- Parent’s social security number
- Any additional financial information (such as child support statements, TANF or welfare information; real estate, stock or bonds investments; family business or farm info.)
*You can use last year’s tax return to estimate your current tax information and submit the FAFSA. If you do this, you will update and make corrections after you file your taxes.
Join us for the December Parent Meeting when we will feature guest speaker Mary Jadwisiak, the Clark & Cowlitz Counties’ Field Coordinator for the Youth Suicide Prevention Program.
Mary will share important information about teen depression and suicide prevention. Stress, depression, and suicidal thoughts are an unfortunate part of many teens’ lives.
Please join us Thursday, December 17th from 6:30-7:30.
Please join us Thursday, November 19 ~ 6:30-7:30
at Hayes Freedom High School
What will your student do after graduating from Hayes Freedom High School?
University of Washington – Tacoma’s admission advisor, Joseph Franco, and Hayes Freedom High School counselor Ms. Ross will give a presentation about “Navigating Beyond High School.”
Learn about apprenticeships, navigating the College Bound Scholarship, FAFSA, WASFA, Washington state scholarship opportunities, get tips on how to pick out a school that is right for your student, and find out how to pay for post-secondary education.
Pizza will be provided! Please call 833-5600 to RSVP to Kristi Thomas.