1919 NE Ione Street Camas WA 98607 * (360) 833-5600 * fax (360) 833-5601
*** This is a new date. Previous date was Sept. 30th. We had to change dates due to a CHS football game changing to Sept.30th. Parking would have been an issue.
You are invited to attend our annual open house, Thursday, October 14th, from 6:00 to 7:00pm.
This will be a time to informally chat with the Hayes Freedom faculty and staff, as well as visit classrooms and tour the school. This is a great opportunity to see what type of work our students are doing!
Students who have actively involved parents perform better in their school activities, so come out and support your student & our school.
We look forward to seeing you!
Our offices will reopen on August 16, 2021. Office hours will be 8:00am – 2:00pm. We highly encourage appointments, but are happy to help with walk ins. Masks will be required upon entering the building as well as signing in. Information for the upcoming year will be sent out electronically via Parent Square no later than August 23rd. The first day of school is August 31st. Students will be required to wear masks. If you need help with Parent Square, Skyward login or have any other questions, please call Kristi Thomas 360-833-5600. We hope you have been enjoying your summer!
Graduation Ceremony will be live streamed. You can share the link with family and friends that can’t attend. The link will go live right before the ceremony at 2:00pm. Click HERE
6/8/21 Important Senior Information UPDATE: Click the following link: Updated senior dates
Jostens Graduation Items: Click HERE for the Jostens website and ordering items such as cap/gown units.
Senior Letters- Please see flyer on how to turn in senior letters. Senior Letter
Did you know Camas Grad Night is for ALL seniors in the Camas school district? Grad Night May Update
Here is a link for their website: Grad Night 2020
They are looking for parent volunteers: Grad Night Volunteer
11/4/20 Senior Families- we wanted to get some important senior event dates to you. As the end of the year approaches you will receive additional emails, but we know it is helpful for planning to have these dates as soon as possible. We will try to stick to this schedule as best as possible, but due to ongoing COVID conditions, things can change based on school status (remote or hybrid).
The Camas Grad Night Committee has senior lawn signs for sell for $15. Click HERE to order.
Show your pride and say congrats to your senior with a graduation lawn sign. Signs will be available for pickup in mid-April. Order by March 31st.
Jostens did a zoom presentation on January 7th, going over the online ordering information for graduation announcements, class rings, cap and gowns, as well as other senior items. If you missed it, click HERE to view.
Orders should be turned in by January 28th. Ordering now guarantees the lower price as well as not having to put a deposit down. Orders placed after this date might be subject to higher prices and payment in full. Order forms can be dropped off at the front desk (print out your order form), or you can order on-line
If purchasing a cap and gown becomes a problem for your family, please contact Kristi Thomas at 360-833-5600. Remember, no deposit is required at this time, so please get your order in.
Graduation is a tremendous accomplishment and we wish all our soon-to-be graduates great success.
Hayes is proud to be offering plastic bag/wrap recycling. Recycle your household bags and wrap into Trex’s Earth-friendly composite decking and railing. Bring any approved plastic films in to Hayes for recycling.
Visit https://www.trex.com/recycling for more details.
Summer- OFFICE HOURS
6/19/20 – 6/30/20 Appointment Only. Call 360-833-5600
7/01/20 – 8/13/20 Closed
8/16/20 – 8/31/20 8:00am to 3:00pm (appointments recommended due to COVID social distancing rules)
Back to school student drop in – TBD, email will be sent out.
School Begins Sept. 1, 2020
Friday 9/4/20 – Monday 9/7/20 – Closed – Labor Day Weekend
Congratulations to Zachary Linn and Jaidyn Beyerle! Each of them have been awarded our two exclusive scholarships available for students at Hayes Freedom. They have both been awarded $1,000 from The Williams Renegade Scholarship and $1,250 each for the Hayes Freedom Achievement Scholarship. In addition, Zachary was award the CAEOP (Camas Association of Educational Office Professionals) in the amount of $1,500! Way to go Renegades! We know your futures are bright!
Hello senior families- Please see updates for the upcoming weeks.
Senior Check Out Day / Wednesday, June 10th:
A – H 10:00 – 10:30 AM
I – M 10:30 – 11:00 AM
N – Z 11:00 – 11:30 AM
Chromebook Check In
Clean your device. Please remove any stickers you may have added. Leave on barcodes and the sticker with your name.
Gather all the parts. Please be sure to bring your case and charger (neatly wound).
Charge up. Be sure your device is fully charged. This will help with the battery health during summer storage, as well as allow us to verify the item still works.
To clear or save your files, click on this link: Senior Export of Files from Google
Drop your chromebook, sleeve, and charger into the box.
- Your device will be inspected after this date to verify it is in working order.
- Fees will be assessed: Missing chargers and cases are $10 each. Broken keyboards, missing keys and screens are $20. Lost or vandalized Chromebooks will receive a $50 fine. Vandalized includes carved, missing cameras and such. With the exception of vandalism, fees will be waived for those that purchased assurance.
- You will be notified if you receive a fee for any of the above.
Want to purchase your Chromebook? You may purchase your Chromebook for $50. Payment can be made this day with check or cash (must be exact).
Purchased devices become personal property and are sold as is. This means the Camas School District will not be able to monitor or filter internet activity. It also means the assurance will no longer apply and the device will no longer be supported by our technology department
Senior Surprise – We have put together a fun surprise for you to pick up this day!
Yearbooks – If you ordered a yearbook, we are hoping to receive them by this date. If not, we will have another day that you can come get them. If you did not purchase a yearbook, we ordered some extra ones and you can purchase them this day. Cost is $25, payable with check or cash (must be exact)..
Classwork and Incompletes
Students, please do the work that is assigned by your teachers. If you are having trouble completing the work, please reach out to your teacher directly for support. We have shared before that grades prior to closure will be the baseline for the final 3rd quarter grade and grades can only go up from that baseline or be assigned an incomplete. For 4th quarter classes if you do not complete work, you are risking the possibility of receiving an incomplete, and not earning the credit which you will need if you intend on graduating this year. In order to receive a letter grade of A-C, you need to engage with your classes and complete your assignments.
Checked out books & fines currently owed
Some of you have books/materials currently checked out that need to be returned. Please bring those on this day or a fine will be accessed. If you have current fines that you owe now, you can pay these during this time. Check or cash (exact amount). Or you can pay online through our website with a credit card.
We are unable to have our traditional Family Dessert night, but we still want to honor our graduates and put together our annual slideshow. Once this is complete we will share a link with you. If you have not submitted a few younger year pictures, we still have a few days for this. Please email them to Kristina.email@example.com by this Friday, June 5th.
Virtual Ceremony Update
Our virtual ceremony will be live streamed on June 13th at 2PM. The video will be available for viewing after, as well. We are still waiting on the link from the production company. Once we receive it, we will share it.
In-Person Graduation Update
- Save the date: June 27th (time is still being determined)
- Drive-thru.Drive-in ceremony following social distancing guidelines for whatever phase Clark County is in.
- Students could receive their diploma in their car or if allowed, walk the stage. This all hinges on what phase Clark County is in.
- One car per family would pull into the lot. Please stay in your car.
- Live speeches and performances may be possible at this event.
- Students will have their names read aloud and pictures taken. We will also live stream the event.
- Students should wear all of their graduation regalia – cap, gown, cords/stoles,, etc.
June 11, 2020 – Updated Virtual Graduation link
Please see below the new updated link for our virtual graduation. Virtual graduation will take place at 2:00pm on Saturday, June 13, 2020. The link will not be live until then. This link can be copied and sent to friends and family. In addition to the live stream on Saturday, it will be available to view after the graduation as well.
June 10, 2020 – Update on Virtual Graduation
There is an issue with the virtual graduation video. It is being worked on and we will be sending out a new link soon. We have removed the link previously posted. Virtual graduation will take place at 2:00pm on Saturday, June 13, 2020. The link will not be live until then. This link can be copied and sent to friends and family. In addition to the live stream on Saturday, it will be available to view after the graduation as well.
May 11, 2020
Commencement for the Class of 2020.
We are pleased to now be able to provide more insight and details on our virtual ceremony. You have our commitment that we will celebrate this achievement.
- We will conduct virtual Commencement on the original date – June 13th, 2020 at 2PM. The virtual Commencement will be broadcast live on YouTube. The video will be uploaded to the Hayes Freedom YouTube page after the livestream for future viewing.
- We are partnering with StageClip and MarchingOrder to create the virtual ceremony.
- We will invite each student to submit a photo while wearing their cap and gown, along with a written message allowing each student to thank loved ones and offer congratulations to friends.
- Students will receive an email with instructions on how to submit photos and messages. These instructions will also appear on our school website as soon as we have them. They will need to be uploaded by May 22nd.
- After receiving these instructions, submit follow-up questions to Kristi.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programs and tickets will be mailed in time for the virtual ceremony, as keepsakes.
- Of course, we would all prefer to be able to celebrate together. The uncertainty of when it will be possible to gather, and understanding that many students might be leaving for the next chapter of their lives, made it a priority to have this ceremony in the spring. We are committed to providing an opportunity for every student to return to campus, be honored at a special ceremony, and cross that stage. We have been given the green light by the school board to have an in-person ceremony in August or in the fall. Here are some details we are still working out and will release to you, ASAP:
- Instructions for uploading pics + messages for virtual ceremony
- Diploma and textbook/chromebook exchange
- August or fall in-person ceremony