The beginning of the school year is nearly upon us, and we want to be sure you have access to these documents when you need them, even before school offices open.
- Our 2018-19 CSD Calendar now reflects secondary late start dates. On late start dates, middle and high schools will start 2 hours later than usual. Please Note: Next year, we will no longer be sending reminder emails, phone calls, and texts on late start dates to families for two reasons. 1) Frequency: They are now one day at each occurrence, but they occur twice a month and 2) Pattern: They occur every 2nd and 4th Thursday when school is in session with the exception of November, which, we hope, will be easy to remember.
- View our Summer Schedule to learn about opening dates, back-to-school events, and more.
- If your student has a district-issued Chromebook, click here to learn about Summer Care.
- 2018-19 bus pick-up and drop-off schedules will be available online by Monday, August 6.
- Remember, beginning next year, school start times for elementary and secondary schools have changed.
General PTA Membership Meeting
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 6:00PM Grass Valley Library
Special Guest: Meghan Johnson
Meghan is a Teacher on Special Assignment for the Camas School District, with a focus on educational technology. Join us and contribute to an open discussion regarding online health. Topics will range from screen time, social (or anti-social ) media, gaming, digital literacy and citizenship, resources and partnerships.
PTA Election & Business: Budget vote and officer election. Per GVE PTA Bylaws, the 2018-19 budget must be voted on by PTA Membership. We will also be voting on a new Treasurer.
PTA Openings for 2018-19:Spirit Wear, Fun Run, Art Showcase Chair, Art Discovery Co-Chair, Spring Auction Chair, Dine Around and many various committee members needed throughout the year!!
Questions: Melanie Johnson, email@example.com
See you there!! (childcare provided by CHS key club members)
Jazz Bassist and Vocalist, Kristin Korb visited Grass Valley Jazz Choir students on Thursday, April 12, 2018. Grass Valley students had the opportunity to listen and watch Kristin during their monthly assembly in the cafeteria.
She commented how delightful and engaging her audience was!
Thank you, Kristin Korb, for sharing your talents with Grass Valley students and staff!