This year, the Camas School District is providing a full week of early release days dedicated to elementary conferencing with families. During the week of October 27-31, 2014, all elementary schools will operate on an early release schedule (9:00 a.m. – 1:10 p.m.). Kindergarten students will attend school on a rotating schedule of every other day of school during this week.
- PM Kindergarten students will attend school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during conference week. They willnot attend Tuesday or Thursday.
- AM Kindergarten students will attend kindergarten on Tuesday and Thursday of conference week. They will notattend Monday, Wednesday or Friday.
If your child’s dismissal plan will differ from his/her regular plan due to the early release schedule, please let your school office know.
Please note: Camas Extended Day and the Jack, Will, Rob Center will be open early for participants during conference week. Camas Community Ed after-school classes for students are cancelled on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of conference week.
Please join us for an evening of family-focused learning activities to support early learning and school readiness skills. This program is open to young learners, ages 3-6 in the Camas School District, and their parents. We will focus on early literacy and math skills and provide free materials for you to take home and use to continue the learning at home. Emphasis on kindergarten readiness skills.
Space is limited to the first 40 families to register!
- Cash or check are accepted. Checks should be written to Grass Valley PTA.
- Grass Valley PTA earns $10 for each book sold.
- For every 5 books a student sells, they will earn a gift card to their choice of the following: Menchies, Big Al’s or Target.
- New this year! Payback Mobile.
- Please return any unsold books to school.
- Questions? Contact Shannon Frost, committee chair at email@example.com.
Kindergarten parents at Grass Valley Elementary were given an opportunity to chat, get to know each other, and sooth any anxious feelings after they left their little ones in their classrooms for the first day of school. The fourth annual Tea & Tears event is a program launched by school counselor Jeff Causey. Parents are given an overview of the school, the “earn your stripes” positive behavior program, the Grass Valley PTA, and resources available to families such as the parent lending library.