Typical School Fundraisers
The following are ways that our PTA typically raises funds for our school.
- Pay Back Book Sales: Sold by students in September. All students bring home one book. If family wants to buy it they can write a check for that book of money saving coupons or return it to the school. Students earn prizes for selling multiple books to known family, friends, and neighbors. Cold sales door to door are discouraged for safety reasons. Information comes home with the students in a packet on the 2nd day of school.
- Box Top Collections: Collected 365 days a year by all families, friends, and neighbors of Dorothy Fox. These little squares add up to $1500 a year or more in revenue for the PTA. Thanks for clipping for Fox !
- Direct Drive: The PTA provides a way for families to donate directly to the PTA without having to buy any products or have their child sell anything. Many parents have matching donations options from their places of business. The district drive is promoted with flyers sent home from the PTA. All donations are tax deductible. Go to the PTA website at any time for a donation form: http://www.dorothyfoxpta.org/direct-drive.html
- Book Fairs: Dorothy Fox has two book fairs during the year. Scholastic gives the school 50% of what we sell in book points or partial cash. The PTA uses the book points to get every classroom books for their classroom libraries for all kids or to the school library. Book points also help to support the Foxy Reader Program prizes.
- Cookie Dough Sales: Traditionally, cookie dough has been sold in the Spring. The PTA is looking for new ideas to raise funds in place of cookie dough sales. Got an idea? Please contact the PTA fundraiser chair.
- E-scrip: Various online and store
- Dinners Night Out: 3-5 times a year the PTA partners with a local restaurant. Families that attend on the given day with the school flyer in hand help the school. The establishment gives the school anywhere from 5%-20% of the proceeds.