Typical School Fundraisers
The following are ways that our PTA typically raises funds for our school.
- Pay Back Book Sales: Sold by students in September. All students bring home one book. If family wants to buy it they can write a check for that book of money saving coupons or return it to the school. Students earn prizes for selling multiple books to known family, friends, and neighbors. Cold sales door to door are discouraged for safety reasons. Information comes home with the students in a packet on the 2nd day of school.
- Box Top Collections: Collected 365 days a year by all families, friends, and neighbors of Dorothy Fox. These little squares add up to $1500 a year or more in revenue for the PTA. Thanks for clipping for Fox !
- Direct Drive: The PTA provides a way for families to donate directly to the PTA without having to buy any products or have their child sell anything. Many parents have matching donations options from their places of business. The district drive is promoted with flyers sent home from the PTA. All donations are tax deductible. Go to the PTA website at any time for a donation form: http://www.dorothyfoxpta.org/direct-drive.html
- Book Fairs: Dorothy Fox has two book fairs during the year. Scholastic gives the school 50% of what we sell in book points or partial cash. The PTA uses the book points to get every classroom books for their classroom libraries for all kids or to the school library. Book points also help to support the Foxy Reader Program prizes.
- E-scrip: Various online and store
- Silent Auction During Reading Night: The PTA does a silent auction in the fall
- Dinners Night Out: 3-5 times a year the PTA partners with a local restaurant. Families that attend on the given day with the school flyer in hand help the school. The establishment gives the school anywhere from 5%-20% of the proceeds.
- Run-for-the-Arts In June each year, students seek pledges for running laps around the school track. 100% of these dollars goes to the arts programming schoolwide the following year.
Our PTA is active in writing grants and seeking donations whenever possible. They want to be good stewards of community resources and do all that they can for the kids of Dorothy Fox.
The Dorothy Fox works in close partnership of the school to determine the needs of each year. This group has a detailed budget that is audited twice a year for accuracy and best financial practices. This budget is reviewed by members at every meeting and available upon request at any time.