Annual Veteran’s Youth Essay Contest for Grades 3-5.
Each year, the WA State Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) sponsors a youth essay contest for grades 3-5. This essay can be an excellent vehicle for students to showcase their writing skills while reflecting on a patriotic theme. VFW Post 4278 will present awards to the top three at each grade level in the Camas/Washougal area. This allows multiple elementary students to be publically recognized in front of their peers, teachers and families.
2015/16 VFW Youth Essay Contest
- Deadline: November 1, 2015
- Submission Requirements: (1) typed or handwritten essay, (2) not to exceed 250 words, (3) copy of official entry form must accompany essay
- Theme: Why is America my favorite country?
- Judging Criteria: Theme (30 pts), Clarity of Ideas (30 pts), Theme Development (40 pts)
- Awards: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awarded at each of the three grade levels
- Entry forms office are available in the school office or click here for a .pdf copy.Veterans Day Essay Contest Application 2015
Kudos to Camas/Washougal Fire Division Chief, Cliff Free, who came to Dorothy Fox and trained our teachers on CPR and AED procedures.
Thank you to our nurse, Karen Wight, who lead our teachers in an exciting game of Safety Jeopardy during our August In-service. This activity helped teachers to receive up-to-date training in signs of allergic reaction, epipen use, choking, and other emergency response issues to make sure that we are ready to support our students with the safest school community possible.
Dorothy Fox Elementary School Newsletter for May 2015
In this edition, you will find information about:
- End-of-Year Calendar Events
- Parent Input Process for 2015-16 Classroom Placements
- Tips and Links from the Counselor about Internet Safety for Kids
- Introducing the New Fox Garden Project