Did you Here?
The Dorothy Fox Staff will be coming to your neighborhood in a Car Caravan tomorrow, Friday, April 17th.
It will start at 2:00pm from the school and follow the map attached.
We can’t wait to wave and smile at our students. We have missed you!
We want everyone to be safe and show the Fox Four:
- Stay 6 feet apart from others. Only be close to people in your family.
- All social distancing rules apply.
- Stay out of the road at all times.
- Do not approach the cars
- If it is not coming down your street, you can come to a nearby street in your car and wave from your window.
- If you walk up to the parade route, you must stay away from others.
- Stay home if you feel sick. We will take lots of photos/videos and you will still be able to see it.
We would love to collect your photos of the event to put in our video for all the other families. Please send videos or clips of the caravan to email@example.com.
See you soon!
This website is kept up to date and has links to their weekly newsflash of information. A good spot to bookmark for all Fox Families!
This is a Kindness “Beegins” with Me community project to support the pollinators in the area sponsored by the PTA. We are looking for Dorothy Fox kids to plant the bee friendly flower seeds that were sent home on Friday 9/6/19. We are applying for a Disney grant for our auction and we need to send them photos of students Beeing Kind to the Bees in action!
Please email the pictures to the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to send in pictures is September 21st.
Thank you to our local Lowe’s Home Improvement for picking the Dorothy Fox Elementary Garden as their heroes project. They brought many employees over two days to upgrade and enrich our school garden. Here is a list of all of the amazing things they did for our school.
- Removed and replaced all the weed barrier, cedar bark chips and edging.
- Built and installed two new beautifully crafted 4’x12’ cedar garden beds and filled them with soil.
- Topped off the soil in our open raised beds.
- Assembled a garden shed and portable hand wash station.
- Donated all the materials, supplies and tools they used.
- Donated two boxes of kid sized garden gloves.
- Donating an information/art board to display education materials and feature interchangeable student artwork.
Shout out to Fox Families of Amelia, Andrea, Beth, Bryce, Cali, Jackie, Jennifer, Kristen, Tachel, Rachelle, Shayna, and Tejal for putting in time to maintain the garden during the summer months.
It’s garden discovery time! This Friday, students will have a chance to discover plants, fruits, vegetables, herbs and insects while doing a scavenger hunt. They will see plants in various stages of their lifecycles including the formation of new strawberry plants, nasturtium flowers dropping seeds, tomatoes ripening, ears of corn growing, etc. Please sign up to volunteer at
The beginning of the school year is nearly upon us, and we want to be sure you have access to these documents when you need them, even before school offices open.
- Our 2018-19 CSD Calendar now reflects secondary late start dates. On late start dates, middle and high schools will start 2 hours later than usual. Please Note: Next year, we will no longer be sending reminder emails, phone calls, and texts on late start dates to families for two reasons. 1) Frequency: They are now one day at each occurrence, but they occur twice a month and 2) Pattern: They occur every 2nd and 4th Thursday when school is in session with the exception of November, which, we hope, will be easy to remember.
- View our Summer Schedule to learn about opening dates, back-to-school events, and more.
- If your student has a district-issued Chromebook, click here to learn about Summer Care.
- 2018-19 bus pick-up and drop-off schedules will be available online by Monday, August 6.
- Remember, beginning next year, school start times for elementary and secondary schools have changed.
Families of students currently in grades 2–6 can refer their students to receive Highly Capable Program services through December 15.
See full details at our Hi-Cap Program page.